ChEESE Project leader Arnau Folch joins the Australian Society of Exploration Geophysicists in a special seminar on 6 February 2023.
About the event:
HPC is increasingly being used in solid Earth Geophysics in Europe and AuScope has organised this Special Seminar with Arnau Folch, leader of the EU ChEESE Program
ChEESE is the EU Centre of Excellence for Exascale in Solid Earth and develops translational research capabilities in High Performance Computing to the Exascale in geophysics, enabling multiscale, multiphysics and multi-hazard analysis.
In this seminar, Arnau will present the results of ChEESE-1P Exascale Pilot Demonstrators, including:
- Rapid probabilistic forecasts of tsunami inundations;
- Earthquake source prediction; and
- The atmospheric volcanic ash dispersal models validated in real time against high-resolution geostationary satellite data.
And, introduce ChEESE-2P and highlight its role in an ecosystem of projects that are shaping Europe’s Digital Future, including:
- A Digital Twin for GEOphysical Extremes (DT-GEO);
- Destination Earth (DestinE); and
- European Plate Observing System (EPOS)